Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) disability, disablement, handicap, impairment (the condition of being unable to perform as a consequence of physical or mental unfitness) "reading disability"; "hearing impairment"
- S: (n) handicap (advantage given to a competitor to equalize chances of winning)
- S: (n) hindrance, hinderance, deterrent, impediment, balk, baulk, check, handicap (something immaterial that interferes with or delays action or progress)
- S: (v) disable, invalid, incapacitate, handicap (injure permanently) "He was disabled in a car accident"
- S: (v) handicap (attempt to forecast the winner (especially in a horse race) and assign odds for or against a contestant)
- S: (v) handicap, hinder, hamper (put at a disadvantage) "The brace I have to wear is hindering my movements"