Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) game (a contest with rules to determine a winner) "you need four people to play this game"
- S: (n) game (a single play of a sport or other contest) "the game lasted two hours"
- S: (n) game (an amusement or pastime) "they played word games"; "he thought of his painting as a game that filled his empty time"; "his life was all fun and games"
- S: (n) game (animal hunted for food or sport)
- S: (n) game ((tennis) a division of play during which one player serves)
- S: (n) game ((games) the score at a particular point or the score needed to win) "the game is 6 all"; "he is serving for the game"
- S: (n) game (the flesh of wild animals that is used for food)
- S: (n) plot, secret plan, game (a secret scheme to do something (especially something underhand or illegal)) "they concocted a plot to discredit the governor"; "I saw through his little game from the start"
- S: (n) game (the game equipment needed in order to play a particular game) "the child received several games for his birthday"
- S: (n) game, biz (your occupation or line of work) "he's in the plumbing game"; "she's in show biz"
- S: (n) game (frivolous or trifling behavior) "for actors, memorizing lines is no game"; "for him, life is all fun and games"
- direct hypernym / inherited hypernym / sister term
- S: (n) play, frolic, romp, gambol, caper (gay or light-hearted recreational activity for diversion or amusement) "it was all done in play"; "their frolic in the surf threatened to become ugly"
- S: (n) diversion, recreation (an activity that diverts or amuses or stimulates) "scuba diving is provided as a diversion for tourists"; "for recreation he wrote poetry and solved crossword puzzles"; "drug abuse is often regarded as a form of recreation"
- S: (n) activity (any specific behavior) "they avoided all recreational activity"
- S: (adj) crippled, halt, halting, lame, gimpy, game (disabled in the feet or legs) "a crippled soldier"; "a game leg"
- S: (adj) game, gamy, gamey, gritty, mettlesome, spirited, spunky (willing to face danger)