Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) extra, duplicate (something additional of the same kind) "he always carried extras in case of an emergency"
- S: (n) duplicate, duplication (a copy that corresponds to an original exactly) "he made a duplicate for the files"
- S: (v) duplicate, reduplicate, double, repeat, replicate (make or do or perform again) "He could never replicate his brilliant performance of the magic trick"
- S: (v) twin, duplicate, parallel (duplicate or match) "The polished surface twinned his face and chest in reverse"
- direct hypernym / inherited hypernym / sister term
- S: (v) match, fit, correspond, check, jibe, gibe, tally, agree (be compatible, similar or consistent; coincide in their characteristics) "The two stories don't agree in many details"; "The handwriting checks with the signature on the check"; "The suspect's fingerprints don't match those on the gun"
- S: (v) equal, be (be identical or equivalent to) "One dollar equals 1,000 rubles these days!"
- derivationally related form
- sentence frame
- S: (v) duplicate (make a duplicate or duplicates of) "Could you please duplicate this letter for me?"
- S: (v) double, duplicate (increase twofold) "The population doubled within 50 years"