Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) dragoon (a member of a European military unit formerly composed of heavily armed cavalrymen)
- S: (v) dragoon, sandbag, railroad (compel by coercion, threats, or crude means) "They sandbagged him to make dinner for everyone"
- direct hypernym / inherited hypernym / sister term
- S: (v) coerce, hale, squeeze, pressure, force (to cause to do through pressure or necessity, by physical, moral or intellectual means) "She forced him to take a job in the city"; "He squeezed her for information"
- S: (v) compel, oblige, obligate (force somebody to do something) "We compel all students to fill out this form"
- S: (v) induce, stimulate, cause, have, get, make (cause to do; cause to act in a specified manner) "The ads induced me to buy a VCR"; "My children finally got me to buy a computer"; "My wife made me buy a new sofa"
- sentence frame
- S: (v) dragoon (subjugate by imposing troops)