Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) deem, hold, view as, take for (keep in mind or convey as a conviction or view) "take for granted"; "view as important"; "hold these truths to be self-evident"; "I hold him personally responsible"
- verb group
- direct hypernym / inherited hypernym / sister term
- S: (v) see, consider, reckon, view, regard (deem to be) "She views this quite differently from me"; "I consider her to be shallow"; "I don't see the situation quite as negatively as you do"
- S: (v) think, believe, consider, conceive (judge or regard; look upon; judge) "I think he is very smart"; "I believe her to be very smart"; "I think that he is her boyfriend"; "The racist conceives such people to be inferior"
- S: (v) evaluate, pass judgment, judge (form a critical opinion of) "I cannot judge some works of modern art"; "How do you evaluate this grant proposal?"; "We shouldn't pass judgment on other people"
- S: (v) think, cogitate, cerebrate (use or exercise the mind or one's power of reason in order to make inferences, decisions, or arrive at a solution or judgments) "I've been thinking all day and getting nowhere"
- sentence frame