Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) curve, curved shape (the trace of a point whose direction of motion changes)
- S: (n) curve (a line on a graph representing data)
- S: (n) curve, curve ball, breaking ball, bender (a pitch of a baseball that is thrown with spin so that its path curves as it approaches the batter)
- S: (n) curvature, curve (the property possessed by the curving of a line or surface)
- S: (n) bend, curve (curved segment (of a road or river or railroad track etc.))
- S: (v) swerve, sheer, curve, trend, veer, slue, slew, cut (turn sharply; change direction abruptly) "The car cut to the left at the intersection"; "The motorbike veered to the right"
- S: (v) wind, twist, curve (extend in curves and turns) "The road winds around the lake"; "the path twisted through the forest"
- S: (v) arch, curve, arc (form an arch or curve) "her back arches"; "her hips curve nicely"
- S: (v) crook, curve (bend or cause to bend) "He crooked his index finger"; "the road curved sharply"
- S: (v) curl, curve, kink (form a curl, curve, or kink) "the cigar smoke curled up at the ceiling"