Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) capture, enamour, trance, catch, becharm, enamor, captivate, beguile, charm, fascinate, bewitch, entrance, enchant (attract; cause to be enamored) "She captured all the men's hearts"
- S: (v) charm, becharm (control by magic spells, as by practicing witchcraft)
- S: (v) charm (protect through supernatural powers or charms)
- S: (v) charm, influence, tempt (induce into action by using one's charm) "She charmed him into giving her all his money"
- S: (adj) charming (pleasing or delighting) "endowed with charming manners"; "a charming little cottage"; "a charming personality"
- S: (adj) charming, magic, magical, sorcerous, witching, wizard, wizardly (possessing or using or characteristic of or appropriate to supernatural powers) "charming incantations"; "magic signs that protect against adverse influence"; "a magical spell"; "'tis now the very witching time of night"- Shakespeare; "wizard wands"; "wizardly powers"