Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) brass (an alloy of copper and zinc)
- S: (n) brass, brass instrument (a wind instrument that consists of a brass tube (usually of variable length) that is blown by means of a cup-shaped or funnel-shaped mouthpiece)
- S: (n) administration, governance, governing body, establishment, brass, organization, organisation (the persons (or committees or departments etc.) who make up a body for the purpose of administering something) "he claims that the present administration is corrupt"; "the governance of an association is responsible to its members"; "he quickly became recognized as a member of the establishment"
- S: (n) boldness, nerve, brass, face, cheek (impudent aggressiveness) "I couldn't believe her boldness"; "he had the effrontery to question my honesty"
- S: (n) brass (an ornament or utensil made of brass)
- S: (n) brass section, brass (the section of a band or orchestra that plays brass instruments)
- S: (n) brass, memorial tablet, plaque (a memorial made of brass)