Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) amour propre, conceit, self-love, vanity (feelings of excessive pride)
- S: (n) conceit (an elaborate poetic image or a far-fetched comparison of very dissimilar things)
- S: (n) conceit (a witty or ingenious turn of phrase) "he could always come up with some inspired off-the-wall conceit"
- S: (n) conceit (an artistic device or effect) "the architect's brilliant conceit was to build the house around the tree"
- S: (n) conceit, conceitedness, vanity (the trait of being unduly vain and conceited; false pride)